Wednesday, October 13, 2010

NOTE TO SELF: DON'T LEAVE KILN OPENED ON 200 PER HOUR RAMP.

Well, ok.


Here is the email I sent Jen at 10:13 last night once I got to thinking about a firing ramp that progressed at 200 an hour to 2100 degrees:


Dear Jen
I left the kiln lid open a bit. I was going to come in and shut it in the morning.  I hope that is ok.  I turned on the fan in the kiln room also.

It is held open with that little metal thing that is built into the kiln.

I hope I did not mess things up by doing that.  Sorry if it was the wrong decision to make.  Geez now I am worried.

much love
DJ





Heer is the email I got from Jen at 8 am -- but I had already left for the studio before I ever read it.


DJ - that is not good to do when the firing will be going up so fast.  Probably will be ok this time.  But if you haven't shut the lid by now (8am), go up there now.  It is hard on the kiln at higher temps.  When it is only a bisque firing the temp will be around 200-1000 degrees in 12 hours.  I figure yours will be around 2000 at this time.  Not good.
I'll be at Lee in about 30 min.
jen



so...um... don't do that any more, self.

No comments:

Post a Comment