Tuesday, September 14, 2010

MY FIRST FALL FIRING

I spent the first hour or so of ceramics class loading my 40 plus pieces of work into the big oval kiln for a bisque fire, as well as helping to load other people's work too.  Roseanne (6 foot 3) and our professor Jennifer and I all worked to get the kiln organized and loaded.  It was a lot of fun.  I got to program the kiln and then I filled out the kiln chart.  I don't know if I did it right -- but I did it, and that's what counts.

It will be ready to unload Friday morning.  Hitomi and I will unload it, and will ask Fernando to help on the very bottom shelves because Hitomi and I are too short to lift out the bottom kiln shelves.

Anyway, I will try to remember to bring my camera.  I am going to have a lot of cool pieces to work on -- a lot of them are cone 5 clay.  This is going to be a great semester.

Dink threw a huge jug for me to do a monster face on.  Its way up high in my locker.  I can't get it down because its too high.  Fernando will have to help me get that down, too.

Well, I am going to get to bed and think about glazing.  I think I will mix up a periwinkle colored glaze to try out on some the pieces coming out of the bisque on Friday.  I may work on Robert Speake's monster mug and jug tomorrow.  I need to load some film in a camera and get some shots done.

I am going to go to bed now.  George will be home tomorrow, and Hitomi's birthday is Friday.

much love
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment